I created a new recipe tonight and wanted to share since I know how much I appreciate bloggers out there who do the same.
It’s an interesting combination of flavors and textures with some chewiness and crunch mixed into a decadent creamy sauce.
The flavor base is Roasted Garlic. If you roast the garlic a day ahead this is really quick and easy to throw together.
Just soak your cashews in hot water for about 30 minutes and bring some water to a boil for the pasta while you do a little chopping and toast the pine nuts. Easy peasy.
The best part is it’s 100% plant based whole foods with no added oil.
Creamy Roasted Garlic Pasta
• 1 cup (150g) soaked raw cashews
• 3/4 cup (120ml) water
• 1/2 tsp salt (Optional)
• 1 small to medium bulb of garlic, roasted
• 1/4 tsp oregano
• 1/4 cup pine nuts, roasted
• 3/4 cup (180ml) kalamata olives, chopped
• 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
• 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked al dente (or pasta of your choice)
1. Pour boiling hot water over cashews in s small bowl and set aside for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Place a pot of water on the stove to boil for the pasta.
3. Wrap the garlic in the foil leaving no open spaces or place it in a garlic roaster
4. Place garlic on a shelf in the oven and roast for 45-60 minutes or until the garlic is very soft when squeezed. Let it cool completely.
5. While the garlic is roasting, chop the olives, slice the sun-dried tomatoes and roast the pine nuts carefully over medium heat.
6. When the cashews are ready, drain them and blend, along with the rest of the sauce ingredients, until creamy.
7. Once cooled, cut the garlic in half and carefully squeeze it out of the skin and blend it into the sauce.
8. Combine the cooked pasta, sauce, pine nuts and vegetables. Serve with some vegan Parmesan and a little salt and pepper.
Mangiari. Buon Appetito!